David Dingfa LIU
Corporate / M&A / Arbitration /Tax
Tel: +86 21 2285 9818 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suite 805, Wheelock Square, 1717 Nanjing Road west, Shanghai 200040, China
Mr. Liu is an international partner of FuJae Partners. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, international arbitration, tax, customs and commercial matters affecting cross-border investment. He also represents high net worth individuals in their estate and tax planning matters.
Mr. Liu has over 20 years’ professional experience in Greater China. Prior to joining FuJae Partners in December 2015, he was a partner of JunHe LLP for over 8 years, the managing partner of the Shanghai office of Bryan Cave LLP for over 2 years (Feb. 2005 – June 2007), and a senior lawyer at the Shanghai office of Sidley Austin LLP for five and a half years (Aug. 1999 – Jan. 2005). From August 1983 to August 1988, Mr. Liu worked at the PRC State Administration of Taxation, serving first as a tax official and then as a Deputy Section Chief in charge of income tax policies affecting foreign investment.
Mr. Liu has extensive expertise in corporate and commercial matters. His mergers and acquisitions work has involved Chinese State-owned, privately-owned and foreign-invested companies. He has undertaken numerous transactions relating to direct investment, acquisitions, reorganizations, tax and customs in the PRC. Mr. Liu has coordinated a number of large-scale multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions, and counseled foreign companies on the establishment of Sino-foreign joint ventures, wholly foreign owned enterprises, and PRC representative offices. Mr. Liu also represents clients in international arbitration proceedings before arbitration institutions such as Shanghai International Arbitration Centre, and advised clients on cross-border technology, trademark and software licensing. Throughout his career, Mr. Liu has represented corporate clients of all sizes across diverse industries, including IT, high-tech, semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, health and fitness, chemicals, logistics, commodities trading, precious metals, and automotives.
– In 2016, Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific ranked him as an outstanding lawyer in corporate, M&A and taxation for China.
– In 2017, AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers ranked Mr. Liu as the Market Leading Lawyer in the area of Corporate, M&A and Tax.
– Chambers & Partners also ranked him as a Band-1 leading attorney in the area of tax in China for 2018.
– J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School in 1991.
– B.A., Beijing Foreign Studies University in 1983
– Member of the International Bar Association
– Member of the American Bar Association
– Member of the Indiana Bar
– Mandarin Chinese, native speaker
– English, fluent