David Dingfa LIU
Corporate / M&A / Arbitration / Tax
Tel: +86 21 2285 9818 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suite 805, Wheelock Square, 1717 Nanjing Road West, Shanghai 200040, China
Mr. Liu is an international partner. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, international arbitration, tax, customs, commercial matters affecting cross-border investment. He represents high net worth individuals in their estate and tax planning matters.
Mr. Liu has 20+ years of professional experience in Greater China. Before joining FuJae in 2015, he was a partner with Jun He LLP for 8+ years. Earlier, he was managing partner of the Shanghai office of Bryan Cave LLP for 2+ years, and a senior lawyer at the Shanghai office of Sidley Austin LLP for five and a half years.
From 1983-1988, Mr. Liu worked at the PRC State Administration of Taxation, serving first as a tax official and then as a Deputy Section Chief in charge of income tax policies affecting foreign investment.
Mr. Liu has extensive expertise in corporate and commercial matters. His mergers and acquisitions work has involved Chinese state-owned, privately-owned and foreign-invested companies. He has undertaken numerous transactions relating to direct investment, acquisitions, reorganizations, tax, customs in China.
Mr. Liu has coordinated a number of large-scale multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions. He has counseled foreign companies on establishment of Sino-foreign joint ventures, wholly foreign owned enterprises, and PRC representative offices.
Mr. Liu represents clients in international arbitration proceedings before institutions such as Shanghai International Arbitration Centre. He also advises clients on cross-border technology, trademark and software licensing.
Throughout his career, Mr. Liu has represented corporate clients of all sizes across diverse industries including IT, high-tech, semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, health and fitness, chemicals, logistics, commodities trading, precious metals, automotive.
– 2016. Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific — ranked an outstanding lawyer in Corporate, M&A and Taxation in China.
– 2017. AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers — ranked Market Leading Lawyer in Corporate, M&A and Tax.
– 2018. Chambers & Partners — ranked Band-1 leading attorney, Tax in China
– 2019. Chambers & Partners — ranked Preeminent Tax Practitioner in Tax, China
– J.D. – University of Notre Dame Law School (1991)
– B.A. – Beijing Foreign Studies University (1983)
– International Bar Association – member
– American Bar Association – member
– Indiana State Bar (USA) – member
– Mandarin Chinese – native speaker
– English – fluent